Less fraud, more orders. Use real-time defenses to minimize credit card fraud and account takeover risks while keeping the customer experience hassle-free.
With competitors only a click away, e-commerce sites have to balance fraud prevention with keeping the online purchase experience as simple as possible. ThreatMetrix™ offers real-time, context-sensitive fraud prevention that helps e-commerce merchants manage risk in real-time.
Transaction Fraud Prevention
E-commerce sites must make instant decisions about card-not-present (CNP) interactions. ThreatMetrix detects stolen credit cards in real-time by combining device attributes, malware detection and sophisticated analytics with the user identity and transaction details. This real-time analysis offers online merchants an additional layer of protection to reduce the costs of fraud while protecting the online experience for legitimate customers.
- Reduce costs of transaction fraud chargebacks and fees
- Protect transactions and customers from malware targeting their credit cards and online identity
- Reduce lost sales from false negatives with advanced device identification and context-sensitive fraud detection
- Address payment card industry (PCI) standards for preventing data breaches
Account Takeover Protection
Consumers often lack the client-side security they need to protect themselves from account compromise. Using ThreatMetrix, you can identify a variety of attacks designed to steal user account credentials – the precursor to ecommerce fraud. ThreatMetrix detects Trojans, phishing attacks, man-in-the-browser (MitB) attacks and other attacks on computers, smartphones, tablets and other web-enabled devices. It also detects activity from already compromised accounts. By using the account takeover prevention solution, you gain instant visibility into the integrity of your user accounts and their credentials.
With ThreatMetrix you can secure user accounts, ensure they are not compromised or a source of ecommerce fraud. ThreatMetrix detects compromised accounts across multiple dimensions, including:
- Automated logins from bots and compromised devices
- Phishing attacks and detection of compromised accounts being used to commit fraud
- Malicious software, including web-based and machine resident malware
- Access from suspicious locations, unrecognized computer settings or from masked machines
To learn “how it works”, read about the TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform