Insurance companies store a lot of critical personally identifiable information. Data breaches damage your business, your field agents and your policy holders. Protect your brand and reassure your policy holders by protecting all avenues of access to critical personal information.
The insurance industry is a major playing field for cybercriminals. Hackers and cybercriminals use a variety of techniques to capitalize on the trust insurance carriers place in their partners – brokers and field agents, to steal financial, medical and personal information. This includes using insurance carrier partners’ stolen account credentials and leveraging authenticated communication mechanisms.
ThreatMetrix™ ensures that brokers and field agents connecting to insurance carrier claims processing systems over the internet are who they claim to be, by detecting accounts that may be compromised and alerting carriers before unauthorized access is permitted. ThreatMetrix uses advanced device identification and session hijacking malware detection capabilities to pinpoint potentially malicious requests. By doing so, insurance carriers can instill confidence in their stakeholders that their information is secure.
Account Takeover Protection
User accounts on your applications are critical entry points to various insurance business systems. Ensure that brokers and field agents, who may not be employed by the insurance company and may be using their own laptops and mobile devices, are accessing critical information securely.
With ThreatMetrix you can secure these user accounts, ensure they are not compromised and are not a source of unauthorized data access or fraud. ThreatMetrix detects compromised accounts across multiple dimensions, including:
- Detect automated logins from bots and compromised devices
- Find shared user accounts, including concurrent access and access from multiple locations
- Alert on malicious software, including web-based and machine-resident malware
- Spot access from suspicious locations, unrecognized computers or masked machines
- Increase constituent trust in online services
- Protect constituents from malware when using your site
- Protect broker and field agent devices from malware targeting claims systems
To learn “How it Works”, read about the TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform