The Problem: Do you really trust who is logging in? You only have a moment to protect your business when a cybercriminal appears with stolen credentials. ThreatMetrix™ gives you real-time insight to prevent account takeover.
Whether you’re an enterprise or government agency with mission-critical online applications, or a financial services firm providing online access to customer accounts, you need to prevent the wrong people from logging into legitimate accounts.
Cybercriminals are adept at obtaining user credentials, whether through phishing attacks, bad devices, malicious personas, shared passwords, or keyword loggers. Even strong authentication won’t prevent account takeover by advanced malware.
Protection from a wide range of threats means establishing a trusted relationship with the customers and users who need access to your site. ThreatMetrix delivers solutions for this difficult and rapidly changing environment.
Real-Time Account Takeover Defense
Mitigating account takeover involves combining several techniques both to prevent hijacking and to deny access, in real time, to any accounts already compromised. You must be able to:
- Discover suspicious patterns of login requests or unauthorized password sharing
- Detect access attempts from risky or compromised devices and users
- Find logins coming from the wrong places, including devices connecting from known botnets or from behind hidden proxies or VPNs
- Look for suspicious computer configurations, including oddly-configured mobile devices or devices disguising their geo-location
- Discover malware that has infiltrated a legitimate user’s device
- Detect and prevent activity from bots, botnets and other scripted mechanisms
- Require additional, out-of-band authentication for suspicious logins
- Detect account takeover attempts coming from mobile channels
Trusted Access for Customers and Employees
The TrustDefender™ Cybercrime Protection Platform is the leading account takeover prevention solution. It delivers comprehensive visitor assessment, built on a powerful Global Trust Intelligence Network. Employing a sophisticated process to screen out fraudsters and hackers, it nevertheless allows customers and employees frictionless access to mission critical applications.
Profile Device and Identify Threats
ThreatMetrix profiles desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets accessing your website, and identifies anomalies and malware threats that indicate a high risk transaction.
Examine Users’ Identity and Activity
ThreatMetrix analysis incorporates comprehensive details about online user identities and behaviors, such as username and password email address, associated devices and more, into a dynamic Persona ID.
Configure Business Rules
ThreatMetrix offers a powerful yet easily customizable policy engine that allows you to model your business process and incorporate your organization’s tolerance for risk.
Validate Business Policy
ThreatMetrix allows customers to constantly evaluate and verify risk scores, associated risks, and corresponding business policies.
Enable Detailed Analysis
ThreatMetrix provides visualizations and analytical reports, enabling security and fraud analysts to understand the activity occurring on their web applications—and giving them actionable information to improve security and reduce fraud.
Click here to learn all about ThreatMetrix’s patented technologies and how they can help you secure your web applications against account takeover.
- Download the solution brief Prevent Account Takeover
- Download the whitepaper Advanced Cybercrime Tactics – Threats translate into crime. How do you stop them?
- Download the whitepaper Fraud Protection for Native Mobile Applications
- Watch the webinar Account Takeover Fraud – What You Should Know
- Download the case study Giving Customers Better Protection While Reducing Costs