The Problem: Is it a new purchase by a valued customer, or a criminal with a stolen credit card? The decisions you make to approve or deny transactions can have a major impact on your business.
Online shopping continues to gain momentum, and we book airline travel, deposit checks, and pay bills from our phones. But one thing remains constant: wherever money flows, payment fraud is likely to follow.
As cybercriminals become increasingly more sophisticated, e-commerce sites, financial institutions, and other businesses need a way to develop trust in the growing number of Card Not Present (CNP) purchases, payment processes (EFT, e-wallet) and other online transactions.
The TrustDefender™ Cybercrime Protection Platform lets you implement payment fraud prevention and security strategies that drive incremental revenue, increase customer confidence and reduce chargebacks. With our on-demand software model, you can deploy fast, efficient and comprehensive transaction fraud protection, no matter how your customers connect.
Detecting payment fraud
Payment fraud is conducted via stolen credit cards, compromised online accounts, and web- and browser-based malware. To prevent payment fraud from damaging your business, you must be able to:
- Tap into a global network of millions of historic payments and transactions, and find known malicious devices and IP addresses
- Leverage sophisticated analytics to scrutinize every payment transaction
- Detect Man-in-the-Middle or Man-in-the-Browser malware designed to hijack transactions from a legitimate customer’s device
- Find behavioral and device mismatches behind stolen credit cards, such as a mismatched location or one device with many credit cards
- Build payment fraud prevention into your mobile application for secure mobile transactions
Trusted Access for Online Customers
The TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform is the leading payment fraud prevention solution. It delivers comprehensive visitor assessment, built on a powerful Global Trust Intelligence Network. Employing a sophisticated process to screen out fraudsters and hackers, it nevertheless gives customers and employees frictionless access to mission critical applications.
Profile Devices and Identify Threats
ThreatMetrix™ profiles the desktops, laptops, smartphones and tablets accessing your website, and identifies anomalies and malware threats that indicate a high risk transaction.
Examine Users’ Identity and Activity
ThreatMetrix analysis incorporates comprehensive details about online user identities and behaviors, such as username and password, email address, associated devicesm and more, into a dynamic Persona ID.
Configure Business Rules
ThreatMetrix offers a powerful yet easily customizable policy engine that allows you to model your business process and incorporate your organization’s tolerance for risk.
Validate Business Policy
ThreatMetrix allows customers to constantly evaluate and verify risk scores, associated risks, and corresponding business policies.
Enable Detailed Analysis
ThreatMetrix provides visualizations and analytical reports, enabling security and fraud analysts to understand the activity occurring on their web applications—and giving them actionable information to improve security and reduce fraud.
Click here to learn all about ThreatMetrix’s patented technologies and how they can help you prevent payment fraud.
- Download the solution brief Minimize Payment Fraud
- Download the whitepaper Advanced Cybercrime Tactics – Threats translate into crime. How do you stop them?
- Download the whitepaper Fraud Protection for Native Mobile Applications
- Watch the webinar Preventing Payment Fraud and Building Customer Trust
- Download the case study Protecting Brazil’s eMerchants from Insidious Chargeback Losses and Credit Card Fraud