- CyberCrime Center
May 28, 2014
And the envelope please. The ThreatMetrix TrustDefender™ Cybercrime Protection Platform is the Judges Choice for Best Overall Fraud/Security Solution at the 2014 CardNotPresent.com (CNP) Awards.
The CNP Award for Best Overall Fraud/Security Solution goes to the provider that most efficiently reduced costs related to fraud in card-not-present transactions. ThreatMetrix won by identifying as much potential fraud activity as possible while at the same time enabling merchants to accept as many transactions as possible. The awards were announced during the CNP Expo, May 19-22 in Orlando, Florida.
“Significant growth in e-commerce and mobile payments continues to spur innovation and excellence from the technology providers serving card-not-present merchants,” said CardNotPresent.com Founder & CEO Steve Casco. “That growth is reflected in this year’s CNP Awards, which had a record number of nominations and a record number of votes for Customer Choice nominees. The CNP Awards have become the standard by which companies, programs and services around the world are being recognized and judged now and in the future.”
A panel of five judges chose the TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform. The reasons? In addition to taking standard measures for securing e-commerce transactions, such as malware detection and device identification, the platform also detects fraud. It does this by analyzing online identities and their associated devices in real time. This makes it possible to instantly tell the difference between authentic transactions and fraudulent ones.
“At ThreatMetrix, we constantly enhance our solutions to enable businesses to stay one step ahead of growing cybercrime threats,” said Bert Rankin, chief marketing officer, ThreatMetrix. “Between account takeover, payment fraud, identity spoofing and other threats, businesses need a way to quickly and efficiently identify suspicious behavior related to online transactions without driving away trusted customers. Our platform leverages the most comprehensive global data repository of fraud intelligence with unprecedented analytics to protect web and mobile-based e-commerce transactions.”
In 2013, ThreatMetrix launched several breakthrough technologies to support its platform. These included ThreatMetrix™ Trust Tags and ThreatMetrix™ Persona ID. Trust Tags enable businesses to anonymously review and validate customer credentials and past behaviors to allow frictionless access while simultaneously preventing cybercrime. Additionally, Persona ID enables businesses to evaluate expected customer behavior based on industry standards. The platform was updated again in March 2014, with an extension that delivers sophisticated trust analytics through endpoint and context intelligence, as well as enhanced mobile location-based authentication and jailbreak detection.
The TrustDefender platform is built on the ThreatMetrix® Global Trust Intelligence Network (The Network), which profiles tens of millions of users and their devices every day to differentiate between authentic and suspicious transactions and online activity. The Network provides analytics in real time, evaluating logins, payments, new account registrations and remote access attempts.
To learn more about the ThreatMetrix TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform, visit http://www.threatmetrix.com/platform/trustdefender-cybercrime-protection-platform/.
ThreatMetrix has garnered a whole host of awards:
• 2014 Global Excellence Award for Most Innovative Company of the Year (Security)
• 2014 Cyber Defense Magazine Award Winner in Two Categories: Most Innovative Anti-Malware Appliances Solution and Best Product Network Access Control Solution
• Named one of SINET’s Top 16 Cybersecurity Solution Entrepreneurial Companies.
• Won an American Business Award Gold Stevie in the category of the “Best New Product or Service of the Year – Software – Security Solution” and a Silver Stevie for the “Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year.”
• Named a TechNavio Top 15 Cloud Security Company
• Gold for “Most Innovative Company of the Year” in Best in Biz Awards 2013 International
• Named to the 2013 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies List
• Placed in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Web Fraud Detection” by Gartner
• Named one of the Top 15 Most Important Startups of 2013 by Business Insider
• Named a winner in the Enterprise Product of the Year category by The Best in Biz Awards, the only independent business awards program judged by members of the press and industry analysts
• Made the Wall Street Journal’s top 50 “Next Big Thing” list
• Finalist in the Merchant Risk Council Emerging Technology Awards (METAwards) for contributions to helping e-commerce merchants fight online fraud and reduce losses in online payment transactions
• Red Herring Global 100 Winner for being one of the top hundred leading private companies in North America, Europe, and Asia
ThreatMetrix® builds trust on the Internet by offering market-leading advanced fraud prevention and frictionless context-based security solutions. These solutions authenticate consumer and workforce access to mission critical applications using real-time identity and access analytics that leverage the world’s largest trusted identity network.
ThreatMetrix secures enterprise applications against account takeover, payment fraud, fraudulent account registrations, malware, and data breaches. Underpinning the solution is the ThreatMetrix® Global Trust Intelligence Network, which analyzes over 500 million monthly transactions and protects more than 160 million active user accounts across 2,500 customers and 10,000 websites.
The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, enterprise, e-commerce, payments, social networks, government and insurance.
For more information, visit www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-408-200-5755.
Posted by Dan Rampe
Tags: Account Takeover, Account Takeover Fraud, Bank Fraud, Botnets, Building Trust on the Internet, CNP fraud, Context-Based Authentication, Cookieless Device Identification, Cookies, Credit Card Fraud, Cyber attacks, Data Breach, Device Detection, Device Fingerprint, Device Fingerprinting, Device ID, Device Identification, Fraud Prevention, Hacking, Identity Spoofing, Identity theft, Malware, Malware Detection, Malware Protection, Man-in-the-Browser Detection, MitB, Mobile fraud, Online Fraud, Phishing, Phishing Detection, PII, ThreatMetrix, ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Index, ThreatMetrix Global Trust Intelligence Network, ThreatMetrix Web Fraud Map, Trust Tags, TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform, Web Fraud
22 May 2015
21 May 2015
20 May 2015