- News & Events
August 1, 2013
Representing virtually every sector of the economy, the Best in Biz Awards 2013 International has more than 150 public and private companies from over 25 countries being judged by industry analysts and members of the press. And, out of all those competing, the winner of the gold in the “Most Innovative Company of the Year” category is ThreatMetrix™.
“Recognition as the gold winner in the ‘Most Innovative Company of the Year’ category serves as validation of our continued growth and innovation,” said Bert Rankin, chief marketing officer, ThreatMetrix. “In the cybersecurity industry, you must innovate to succeed, as it’s an ongoing challenge for businesses to stay one step ahead of cybercriminals. Innovation is infused in our company culture and it’s the driving force that has led to our rapid growth, customer adoption and marketplace leadership.”
Innovation can be found in a range of ThreatMetrix products. Most recently the company showed its leadership in innovation with the introduction of the ThreatMetrix™ Global Trust Intelligence Network. Dubbed The Network for short, it’s the most comprehensive repository of information available anywhere for screening prior transactions and site visitors; and for authenticating customers and employees working remotely. Without compromising privacy or convenience, The Network provides threat data that offers insight into device and online personas’ positive and negative behavior. As such, it is the first and only real-time screen for online visitors using collaborative intelligence from thousands of websites and transactions.
ThreatMetrix has a strong history of innovation. In 2012, the company was awarded these patents from the United States Patent Office:
• U.S. Patent 8,141,148: “Method and System for Tracking Machines on a Network Using Fuzzy GUID Technology”
• U.S. Patent 8,176,178: “Method for Tracking Machines on a Network Using Multivariable Fingerprinting of Passively Available Information”
Innovation has been a ThreatMetrix hallmark:
• 2012: VPN, phishing, and scripting attack detection
• 2012: Integrate device ID and malware protection into a single product
• 2012: Persona ID, enhanced identity intelligence and mobile SDK
• 2011: Full encryption of customer data using private keys
• 2011: ThreatMetrix SmartID™ and ThreatMetrix ExactID™
• 2008: Customer-accessible rules engine
• 2007: Proxy piercing and global device identification
• 2005: Ability to identify active botnets and C & C centers in real-time
All this innovation has led to a number of other awards in the last couple of years:
• Named to the 2013 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies List.
• Placed in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Web Fraud Detection” by Gartner
• Named one of the Top 15 Most Important Startups of 2013 by Business Insider
• Named a winner in the Enterprise Product of the Year category by The Best in Biz Awards, the only independent business awards program judged by members of the press and industry analysts
• Made the Wall Street Journal’s top 50 “Next Big Thing” list
• Was a finalist in the Merchant Risk Council Emerging Technology Awards (METAwards) for contributions to helping e-commerce merchants fight online fraud and reduce losses in online payment transactions
• Was a Red Herring Global 100 Winner for being one of the top hundred leading private companies in North America, Europe, and Asia
For a full list of gold, silver and bronze winners in Best in Biz Awards 2013 International, visit: http://intl.bestinbizawards.com/intl-2013-winners.
ThreatMetrix is the fastest-growing provider of integrated web fraud and cybersecurity solutions. The TrustDefender™ Cybercrime Protection Platform helps companies prevent unauthorized access to web and mobile applications, protect sensitive data, and secure transactions against account takeover, payment fraud, identity spoofing, malware, and data breaches. ThreatMetrix protects more than 1,500 customers and 9,000 websites across a variety of industries, including financial services, enterprise, e-commerce, payments, social networks, government, and insurance. For more information, visit www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-408-200-5755.
To join in the cybersecurity conversation, follow us on Twitter @ThreatMetrix.
Posted by Dan Rampe
Tags: Account Takeover, Account Takeover Fraud, Bank Fraud, Best in Biz Awards 2013 International, Botnets, CNP fraud, Cookieless Device Identification, Cookies, Credit Card Fraud, Cyber attacks, Device Detection, Device Fingerprint, Device Fingerprinting, Device ID, Device Identification, Fraud Prevention, Identity theft, Malware, Malware Protection, MitB, Mobile fraud, Online Fraud, ThreatMetrix, ThreatMetrix Global Trust Intelligence Network, TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform, Web Fraud