Jul 08ThreatMetrix Is on Fire!
“One of the Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley” Says Lead411
Lead411, which provides information, news, and research about U.S. companies and their executives, named ThreatMetrix, a leader in context-based security and advanced fraud protection, to its 2014 “Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley” list.
From 3,479 companies to just 71
Starting with 3479 companies in the software, wireless, Internet, hardware and media industries, Lead411 eliminated all but 71, which didn’t meet its criteria of being privately held and either doubling revenue over the past two years or receiving funding of more than $5 million over that period. In March 2014 ThreatMetrix secured $20 million in Series E funding led by Adams Street Partners.
Bert Rankin, chief marketing officer
“We’re thrilled to be recognized as one of the fastest-growing software companies in Silicon Valley,” said Bert Rankin, chief marketing officer, ThreatMetrix. “Our fraud and security solutions collect valuable information and provide real-time insights to protect against account takeover, payment fraud, fraudulent account registration and multi-channel Web fraud. As cybercriminals become increasingly sophisticated, businesses must leverage a collective network to protect against online threats and our recent round of funding serves as validation of the high level of trust in our solution.”
Through the ThreatMetrix Global Trust Intelligence Network (The Network) – the world’s largest network of shared intelligence –ThreatMetrix is positioned to effectively protect businesses and individuals against cybercrime without disrupting the user experience. The Network enables businesses to share anonymized information across business boundaries to deliver the most comprehensive risk assessment in real-time.
“This year’s Hottest Silicon Valley Award winners are stronger than ever. We expect to see large growth and ‘big things’ from this group,” said Tom Blue, Lead411 CEO.
For a full list of winners, visit http://www.lead411.com/awards/2014/silicon-valley.html.
- Whitepaper: Combating Cybercrime – A Collective Global Approach
- CEO Blog Post: A New Model for Building Trust on the Internet
Winning award after award
In addition to Lead411’s award, ThreatMetrix has garnered a whole host of awards:
- Products Guide (NPG) Hot Companies and Best Product Award Winner for the “Best Products and Services – Information Security and Risk Management” category and also in the “Best Products and Services – Security Software” category.
- Judges Choice for Best Overall Fraud/Security Solution at the 2014 CardNotPresent.com (CNP) Awards for the ThreatMetrix TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform
- A 2014 Global Excellence Award for Most Innovative Company of the Year (Security)
- 2014 Cyber Defense Magazine Award Winner in 2 Categories: Most Innovative Anti-Malware Appliances Solution & Best Product Network Access Control Solution
- Named One of SINET’s Top 16 Cybersecurity Solution Entrepreneurial Companies.
- Won an American Business Award Gold Stevie in the category of the “Best New Product or Service of the Year – Software – Security Solution” and a Silver Stevie for the “Most Innovative Tech Company of the Year.”
- Named a TechNavio Top 15 Cloud Security Company
- Gold for “Most Innovative Company of the Year” in Best in Biz Awards 2013 International
- Named to the 2013 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies List
- Placed in the “Visionaries” quadrant of the “Magic Quadrant for Web Fraud Detection” by Gartner
- Named one of the Top 15 Most Important Startups of 2013 by Business Insider
- Named a winner in the Enterprise Product of the Year category by The Best in Biz Awards, the only independent business awards program judged by members of the press and industry analysts
- Made the Wall Street Journal’s top 50 “Next Big Thing” list
- Was a finalist in the Merchant Risk Council Emerging Technology Awards (METAwards) for contributions to helping e-commerce merchants fight online fraud and reduce losses in online payment transactions
- Was a Red Herring Global 100 Winner for being one of the top hundred leading private companies in North America, Europe, and Asia