In a digital first world, businesses need to understand and recognize their customers seamlessly and without friction
Meanwhile, traditional authentication and fraud detection methods are fast becoming ineffective. For example, cybercriminals often authenticate with stolen identities that compromise user accounts. Therefore, organizations must stay at the forefront of authentication and fraud detection by evaluating new solutions as they come on to the market, and integrating these with existing systems. However, onboarding relevant third party and custom services can be complex and protracted, involving contract negotiations, proof of concepts and careful integration management, placing further drain on limited resources.
The ThreatMetrix Integration Hub simplifies end-to-end authentication and fraud management by allowing businesses to unite ThreatMetrix fraud prevention tools with prepackaged third party services through the ThreatMetrix ConnectTM program or enabling custom services integration. This complete solution can validate transactions in real time, setting alerts for manual reviews, or triggering downstream processes such as fulfillment, ticketing and other CRM-related activities for trusted transactions.
Advanced Integration with an Extensive Open Ecosystem
The ThreatMetrix Integration Hub is a REST-based API that provides a bridge to cloud and enterprise data sources and services. Integration is as straightforward as plug and play and can be achieved in a matter of weeks, usually with minimal IT support.
The platform is underpinned by the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network®
The native capabilities of the ThreatMetrix platform are orchestrated from a common policy and reporting engine which includes policy management, case management, adaptive analytics, machine learning and a global database /repository. The platform is underpinned by the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network, which harnesses real time shared intelligence from billions of transactions worldwide. This builds a unique picture of true digital identity by analyzing connections between devices, locations and myriad pieces of anonymized personal information.
An Integrated Fraud Management Solution
- Connectivity: An open API architecture allows organizations to quickly and easily connect existing databases with new data sources to comprehensively manage fraud.
- Scalability: The hub supports more than 1 billion monthly transactions in over 140 countries worldwide.
- Intelligence: The hub enhances the value of the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network, allowing organizations to validate user identities, transactions or devices in real time, reducing the need for additional step-up authentication.
- Streamlining: The hub streamlines end-to-end workflow management; suspicious transactions are triggered for manual review while fulfilment or ticketing for trusted users can be processed automatically. This reduces friction and enhances customer experience.
- Secondary Authentication Services: Verify a user or suspicious device with two-factor authentication (2FA) using one-time passcodes sent over SMS. ThreatMetrix Integration Hub enables businesses to selectively evoke 2FA challenge responses when other friction-free services yield inconclusive results.
- Carrier ID Services: Validate IP geo-location and phone carrier ID based on ownership and irrefutable evidence of communication with the SIM card. Verifying SIM cards with the carrier network provides the highest authentication assurance (National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Level 4) to confirm a user’s identity in the form of a one-time cryptographic challenge response that is secure, private and friction-free.
- Identity Verification Services: Enhance identity assessment by incorporating additional user information including name, address, telephone number, and email address along with address verification attributes, (e.g. length of residence at a particular address), and history of email address to help filter out fraudsters and bots attacking with machine generated information.
- Threat Intelligence Services: Compare against collective threat intelligence for endpoints to incorporate industry insights about known malware and spyware. This information about the presence of malware and malicious or unwanted apps helps determine if the user’s transacting platform could be compromised.
- Downstream Services: Automate customer relationship management (CRM), fulfillment and ticketing workflows. Many organizations manually handle downstream tasks like order fulfillment after reviewing indeterminate cases. Integration Hub can integrate with multiple sources and/or applications to fully automate follow-on activities.
Powerful Policy Orchestration Featuring End-to-End Workflow with Case Management
Integration Hub also works in conjunction with the ThreatMetrix Case Management capability that permits individual events or groups of events to be evaluated and acted upon using manual or automatic logic. This workflow process is highly customizable to suit the varying needs of different use cases and system configurations.
Suspicious transactions that deviate from trusted patterns of behavior can be automatically routed into Case Management. This provides a proactive approach to fraud detection, improving efficiency and streamlining the review process.