July 16, 2019
- Accelerate transactions from returning customers
- Prevent unauthorized access to reward and loyalty programs
- Manage card not present (CNP) fraud by validating the identities of customers booking online travel
- Detect illegitimate business reviews before brand damages
- Block fraudsters using spoofed or stolen identities
- Prevent website from being used for identity testing
With cybercriminals increasingly leveraging stolen identities to appear legitimate, airline, travel operator and review sites are often left with the risk of allowing fraudulent reservations, reward redemptions and fake reviews. This problem is further exacerbated by the quick processing cycles that travelers expect.
Fraudsters are at the forefront of emerging technologies, from sophisticated malware designed to intercept and modify transactions, to device spoofing software that makes them look like legitimate travelers. While defenses are essential, there’s a risk associated with rigid and cumbersome fraud prevention – namely, excessive operational cost and increased barriers to business. ThreatMetrix can help implement a frictionless layer of defense.
Leveraging the Power of Digital Identities
The ThreatMetrix solution is powered by the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network which harnesses global shared intelligence from millions of daily consumer interactions including logins, payments and new account applications. Using this information, ThreatMetrix creates a unique digital identity for each user by analyzing the myriad connections between devices, locations and anonymized personal information. Behavior that deviates from this trusted digital identity can be accurately identified in real time, alerting government departments to potential fraud. Suspicious behavior can be detected and flagged for manual review or rejection before a transaction is processed.
The ThreatMetrix Solution for Travel
ThreatMetrix offers a web-based, unified fraud prevention solution that helps detect and prevent online fraud while remaining agile and responsive to travelers, airlines, travel companies and review sites. ThreatMetrix can reduce risk by:
- Prevent Reservation Fraud: Leveraging ThreatMetrix digital identities to identify and block fraudsters using spoofed or stolen identities to purchase reservations.
- Protect Loyalty Programs: Prevent unauthorized access to customers’ reward programs by identifying anomalies relating to a customer’s digital identity. Our account takeover protection detects compromised accounts across multiple dimensions by understanding login attempts from suspicious devices and locations.
- Account Takeover Protection: Secures travelers’ accounts, detecting unauthorized access in real time. The solution detects fraud and compromised accounts across multiple dimensions, including automated logins from bots and compromised devices.
- Preserve Brand Reputation: Ensure that users are who they claim to be, by detecting accounts that may be compromised or falsely created.
- Identity Testing: Prevent small value payments that test the validity of stolen credentials which allows cybercriminals to move onto higher value purchases elsewhere.
Supporting Business Agility
ThreatMetrix offers a powerful yet easily customizable policy engine that allows businesses to incorporate their own processes and tolerance for risk. This enables fine tuning and automating responses for online transactions. Every digital business faces different exposure to fraud risk; with ThreatMetrix organizations can tailor the solution to meet these varying and evolving fraud and security needs.
The ThreatMetrix Advantage
- Rapid, lightweight deployment: The ThreatMetrix solution is cloud-based, providing simple and straightforward integration with existing systems.
- Up-to-date global insight: The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network gives clear visibility of current threat intelligence to give organizations a holistic view of emerging threats.
- Real-time responsiveness: ThreatMetrix delivers real-time insight; businesses can identify high-risk and fraudulent transactions before they compromise user accounts
- Integration with third-party services: Organizations can verify high risk transactions with integrated third party services such as identity verification, providing an extra level of assurance.
- Detailed analysis and reporting: ThreatMetrix provides reporting for retrospective-based and proactive forensic data analysis as well as a graphical interface for examining and investigating data trends.