March 15, 2019
ThreatMetrix Announces Speaker Lineup for the ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Prevention Summit 2014: “Building Trust on the Internet”
Posted November 6, 2014
Fourth Annual Summit Brings Together Industry Leaders to Discuss Future Cybercrime Prevention Strategies
San Jose, CA – November 6, 2014 – ThreatMetrix®, the fastest-growing provider of context-based security and advanced fraud prevention solutions, today announced the speaker lineup for the ThreatMetrix® Cybercrime Prevention Summit 2014, themed “Building Trust on the Internet.” The fourth annual summit is currently being held at the La Quinta Resort and Club, Palm Springs, Calif. and runs through November 7.
The 2014 ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Prevention Summit is the largest of its kind, selling out this year’s event with more than 250 cybersecurity experts from around the globe in attendance to share strategies for making the Internet safer for business.
The summit will focus on building trust on the Internet for businesses and consumers through a collective, network approach to cybersecurity. The ThreatMetrix® Global Trust Intelligence Network, the world’s largest trusted identity network, enables such an approach by sharing anonymized threat intelligence of 850 million monthly transactions across more than 3,000 customers.
“This year’s summit comes on the heels of October’s National Cyber Security Awareness Month, which focused on increasing online safety through the shared responsibility of businesses, government entities and consumers,” said Bert Rankin, chief marketing officer, ThreatMetrix. “No business can stand alone in the fight against cybercriminals and global shared intelligence is a necessity to combat today’s sophisticated fraudsters. The summit comes at an ideal time for experts and peers to come together and discuss best practices for a collective approach cybersecurity. We’ve gathered some of the industry’s brightest minds for this event and can’t wait to get the conversation started.”
The ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Prevention Summit 2014 features a multitude of prominent speakers from top U.S. companies, including:
- Matthew Durdel, risk manager, Walmart.com payments and risk, risk manager, Walmart
- Byron Acohido, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and editor-in-chief, ThirdCertainty
- Julie Conroy, research director, Aite Group
- Scott Boding, senior director of fraud solutions product management, CyberSource
- Garrett Goff, manager of global payments analytics and fraud, Netflix, Inc.
- Michael Braatz, senior vice president of payments risk management, ACI Worldwide
- Mark Nelsen, vice president risk products and business intelligence, Visa
- Kelly White, vice president and information security manager, Zions Bancorporation
- Shiva Nathan, director of platform and services, Intuit
- John Green, director of fraud, eBay
- Reed Taussig, CEO, ThreatMetrix
- Alisdair Faulkner, chief products officer, ThreatMetrix
- Andreas Baumhof, chief technology officer, ThreatMetrix
The conference will connect these and other industry experts, technologists and fraud prevention and cybersecurity practitioners across a wide range of verticals in the scenic desert setting of Palm Springs. The summit offers attendees the chance to make direct, meaningful connections through various activities, ranging from speaking sessions to golfing and hiking activities.
“The cybersecurity landscape is changing rapidly, and businesses need to consider a new, strategic approach to keep themselves and their customers safe,” said Rankin. “Summit attendees will hear new strategies from innovative speakers and have the opportunity to discuss their own ideas in a relaxed setting. We are confident all attendees will return with a fresh perspective on how to combat evolving cybercrime threats.”
The ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Prevention Summit 2014 features extensive speaking sessions with expert panels, including:
- What’s Next: Staying Ahead of Cybercrime
- Building Alliances to Make Cybersecurity a Shared Responsibility
- Advancing Consumer Authentication
- The Quest to be One Step Ahead: Emerging Options for Authentication
- Fraud Fighting Techniques from the World’s Largest Retailer
- Layered Security and the Evolving Account Takeover Threat
- Preventing and Detecting Fraud in a Massive Global Marketplace
- Information Security as Counterinsurgency
To learn more, please visit http://www.cybercrimepreventionsummit.com/.
- Top Five Reasons to Attend the ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Prevention Summit 2014
- Press Release: ThreatMetrix Announces its ThreatMetrix Global Trust Intelligence Network Has Reached 850 Million Monthly Transactions
- A Welcome Letter from Reed Taussig, CEO at ThreatMetrix
ThreatMetrix builds trust on the Internet by offering market-leading advanced fraud prevention and frictionless context-based security solutions. These solutions authenticate consumer and workforce access to mission critical applications using real-time identity and access analytics that leverage the world’s largest trusted identity network.
ThreatMetrix secures enterprise applications against account takeover, payment fraud, fraudulent account registrations, malware, and data breaches. Underpinning the solution is the ThreatMetrix® Global Trust Intelligence Network, which analyzes over 850 million monthly transactions and protects more than 210 million active user accounts across 3,000 customers and 15,000 websites.
The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, enterprise, e-commerce, payments, social networks, government and insurance.
For more information, visit www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-408-200-5755.
© 2014 ThreatMetrix. All rights reserved. ThreatMetrix, TrustDefender ID, TrustDefender Cloud, TrustDefender Mobile, TrustDefender Client, the TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform, ThreatMetrix Labs, and the ThreatMetrix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ThreatMetrix in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.