March 15, 2019
ThreatMetrix Announces World’s Largest Digital Identity Network at RSA Conference
Posted April 20, 2015
The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network Leverages Global Shared Intelligence to Safeguard Online Customer Identities
San Jose, CA – April 20, 2015 – ThreatMetrix®, the fastest-growing provider of context-based security and advanced fraud prevention solutions, announces the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network at RSA Conference in San Francisco, which takes place today through this Friday, April 24. This advancement in identity protection through a persona-based profile will safeguard consumers’ information, protect businesses against fraudulent activity and create a strong digital assessment on a global network.
The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network brings together all aspects of a person’s online devices and behavior into one unique digital identity – including email addresses, geo-locations, devices and both personal and business personas. The unique identity combines the specific device and persona each individual is using at any given time, at any place to accurately authenticate users in real time.
“The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network acts as a personal digital guardian that works on business and consumers’ behalf to keep accounts, money and identities from being used in excess illegally,” said Alisdair Faulkner, chief products officer at ThreatMetrix. “ThreatMetrix has built the largest digital identity network that can determine when an individual’s credentials are being used by cybercriminals in real time, which enables businesses to better understand the global footprint of stolen identities.
Last month, ThreatMetrix announced that it now analyzes more than one billion transactions each month. The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network further enhances its value by creating an anonymized digital identity of consumers based on device, persona and behavior from every transaction, account creation and account login.
“Businesses need a digital identity network to fight the sophisticated network of cybercriminals,” said Faulkner. “Specifically, such a network can immunize the digital debris that comes from data breach fallouts. The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network locks down identities by providing businesses with an anonymized view of their devices, personas and behaviors so identities cannot be easily spoofed by cybercriminals.”
The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network extends cybercrime protection in the following ways:
- Enables Banking Institutions to Meet Authentication Guidelines—Banks and financial institutions are especially susceptible to cybercrime, as digital identities are the new currency powering cybercrime and cyber terrorism. The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network enables these institutions to protect accounts against bots using stolen credentials by leveraging a global view of devices and persona behavior to detect anomalies.
- Extends the Online Identity Perimeters for Businesses—ThreatMetrix allows for advanced protection by leveraging the largest network of analyzed online transactions. On the fraud prevention side, businesses have always looked at identities but not how these identities are used online across channels or websites. The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network ensures identities are looked at as a whole and are protected across channels, eliminating any perimeters.
- Provide Effective Customer Identity Protection —Following data breaches and other cyberattacks, many retailers and banks offer consumers free credit monitoring, but this is not an effective means of guarding against account takeover attacks, or transaction fraud that result from data breaches. Rather, as millions of stolen identities are in use following high profile data breaches such as Anthem, Home Depot and Sony, the Digital Identity Network analyzes consumers’ digital information – including devices and behavior – in one place and flags if compromised credentials are not being used by their legitimate owner, in real time.
ThreatMetrix will showcase the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, today through this Friday, April 24. At the annual RSA Conference, executives across the security industry converge to discuss current and future concerns, and gain access to the people, content and ideas that enable individuals and companies to protect against cybercrime.
ThreatMetrix will exhibit in Booth #4235, located in the North Hall, where attendees can visit to view demos and learn more from ThreatMetrix executives. Additionally, ThreatMetrix will participate in the following events during RSA Conference:
eFraud Global Forum— Monday, April 20
- Time: 8 a.m.
- Speaker: Reed Taussig, President and CEO at ThreatMetrix
- Topic: Global Fraud Intelligence Drives Next Generation Customer Authentication
- Location: Intercontinental Hotel
Briefing Center Solution Demo– Tuesday, April 21
- Time: 3:00 p.m.
- Speaker: Andreas Baumhof, chief technology officer at ThreatMetrix
- Topic: Protecting Enterprise Data & Critical Applications Using Context Based Authentication
- Location: South Hall
Executive Women’s Forum Cocktail Party – Wednesday, April 22
- Time: 7 p.m.
- ThreatMetrix is co-sponsoring this event with Alta Associates
- Location: W Hotel – Work Room 1 & 2
For more information on the RSA Conference, visit http://www.rsaconference.com/.
- Press Release: Following FFIEC Statements on Compromised Credentials and Destructive Malware, ThreatMetrix Outlines Authentication Strategies for Financial Institutions
- eBook: ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Report: Q4 2014
ThreatMetrix builds trust on the Internet by offering market-leading advanced fraud prevention and frictionless context-based security solutions leveraging a global shared digital identity network and real-time, customer driven-analytics platform. These solutions help customers differentiate between trusted users and potential fraud resulting in reduced friction, incremental revenue and lower fraud and operational costs.
ThreatMetrix secures customers against account takeover, payment fraud, fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware, and data breaches. Underpinning the solution is the ThreatMetrix® Global Trust Intelligence Network, which analyzes more than one billion monthly transactions and protects more than 250 million active user accounts across 3,000 customers and 15,000 websites and mobile applications. ThreatMetrix is deployed by industry leaders across financial services, e-commerce, payments, social networks, government and insurance.
For more information, visit www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-408-200-5755.
© 2015 ThreatMetrix. All rights reserved. ThreatMetrix, TrustDefender ID, TrustDefender Cloud, TrustDefender Mobile, TrustDefender Client, the TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform, ThreatMetrix Labs, and the ThreatMetrix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ThreatMetrix in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.
Walker Sands Communications