ThreatMetrix Incorporates New Data Sources to Enrich Context-Based Authentication Solutions
Posted November 4, 2014
Additions to the ThreatMetrix Global Trust Intelligence Network Enable Real-Time Analysis of Customer Provided Data and Android Application Data
San Jose, CA – November 4, 2014 – ThreatMetrix®, the fastest-growing provider of context-based security and advanced fraud prevention solutions, today announced the availability of the ThreatMetrix Fall 2014 Release. This latest release delivers improvements in how ThreatMetrix customers can integrate information from any source to enhance the depth and breadth of data available for real-time analysis by the ThreatMetrix® Global Trust Intelligence Network (The Network). The Fall 2014 Release also includes new capabilities to analyze and determine risk factors associated with applications running on Android-based devices.
This release provides ThreatMetrix customers with the ability to privately store and analyze organizational-supplied data relevant to determining trust and risk levels or other attributes specific to their business. Additionally, the Fall 2014 Release delivers mobile risk and trust analysis improvements to better determine the trustworthiness of applications running on Android devices through a partnership with Webroot, the market leader in cloud-based, real-time Internet threat detection.
The Fall 2014 Release enhances ThreatMetrix’s context-based security and advanced fraud prevention solutions through:
- Persona DB – This new capability enables organizations to privately store user or customer-identifying attributes, characteristics, and behaviors. Any data relevant to authorizing visitor access can be stored, including information such as normal usage locations, mobile phone numbers for step-up authentication, compromised IP or email addresses, banned country lists for compliance and countless other data elements. This feature enables ThreatMetrix customers to perform a customizable, comprehensive user, device, and behavior analysis for each access or transaction attempt in real time.
“The new Persona DB enables ThreatMetrix customers to provide their own data sources to improve their ability to distinguish between trusted users and fraudulent activity,” said Ken Jochims, director of product marketing at ThreatMetrix. “For example, banks and financial institutions can include banned country lists to ensure they are compliant with governmental trade restrictions. In addition to blocking suspicious activity, Persona DB data can also be used to enhance good customer access by identifying trusted high-value customers through frequent flier status data, streamlining access or by applying other specialized actions.”
- Mobile Application Analysis – Security risks inherent in mobile devices are more prevalent than ever, as 42 percent of Android applications have been classified as malicious, unwanted or suspicious. This new capability provides an integrity check of the mobile application it’s protecting to ensure it has not been compromised or contains malware. It also scans all installed mobile applications to verify their reputation though The Network via integration with the Webroot BrightCloud® Mobile App Reputation Service to detect the presence of malicious or unwanted apps in order to reduce the risk of personal information theft. These new data collection and analysis features, together with existing mobile detection and analysis capabilities, such as root detection, deliver a complete security risk profile of each user’s device.
“We’re excited to partner with ThreatMetrix to extend our market-leading mobile classification services to determine trust levels for Android applications,” said Scott Merkle, vice president of enterprise and OEM sales at Webroot. “Together, we can empower organizations to identify threats lurking in mobile applications while maintaining compliance by protecting access and transactions for a multitude of mobile devices.”
“As cybercriminals continue to advance their capabilities, ThreatMetrix will ensure it is providing customers with the most in-depth data available for analysis,” said Jochims. “Together, Persona DB and Mobile Application Analysis enrich and expand the data available to The Network. These capabilities enable businesses to identify cybercriminals in real time while creating enhanced experiences for trusted customers or users.”
- Press Release: ThreatMetrix Announces its ThreatMetrix Global Trust Intelligence Network Has Reached 850 Million Monthly Transactions
- ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Prevention Summit 2014
- Press Release: ThreatMetrix Advances Cybercrime Prevention by Combining Sophisticated Trust Analytics with Improved Endpoint and Behavior Intelligence
Webroot is the market leader in cloud-based, real-time internet threat detection for consumers, businesses and enterprises. We have revolutionized internet security to protect all the ways users connect online. Webroot delivers real-time advanced internet threat protection to customers through its BrightCloud® security intelligence platform, and its SecureAnywhere™ suite of cloud-based security products for endpoints, mobile devices and corporate networks. Over 7 million consumers, 1.5 million business users and 1.3 million mobile users are protected by Webroot. Market-leading security companies, including Cisco, F5 Networks, GateProtect, HP, Microsoft, Palo Alto Networks, Proofpoint, RSA and others choose Webroot to provide advanced Internet threat protection for their products and services. Founded in 1997 and headquartered in Colorado, Webroot is the largest privately held internet Security Company in the United States – operating globally across North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region. For more information on our products and services, visit www.webroot.com.
ThreatMetrix builds trust on the Internet by offering market-leading advanced fraud prevention and frictionless context-based security solutions. These solutions authenticate consumer and workforce access to mission critical applications using real-time identity and access analytics that leverage the world’s largest trusted identity network.
ThreatMetrix secures enterprise applications against account takeover, payment fraud, fraudulent account registrations, malware, and data breaches. Underpinning the solution is the ThreatMetrix® Global Trust Intelligence Network, which analyzes over 850 million monthly transactions and protects more than 210 million active user accounts across 3,000 customers and 15,000 websites.
The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, enterprise, e-commerce, payments, social networks, government and insurance.
For more information, visit www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-408-200-5755.
© 2014 ThreatMetrix. All rights reserved. ThreatMetrix, TrustDefender ID, TrustDefender Cloud, TrustDefender Mobile, TrustDefender Client, the TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform, ThreatMetrix Labs, and the ThreatMetrix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ThreatMetrix in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.