August 14, 2018
ThreatMetrix Initiates Asia Pacific Expansion
Posted August 15, 2016
Hong Kong — (August 15, 2016)
Executive Hires in Asia Strengthen the Ability to Serve eCommerce, Digital Banking, Alternative Lending and Fintech Companies
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company™, today revealed widespread growth in its APAC operations following Network expansion and the rapidly expanding digitalization of the market in financial services, eCommerce and government customers in the region. The company hired four new leaders in the expanded APAC region: Jean-Bernard Dumerc joined as Country Manager for Japan and Korea, Chih Hung Lau (Frank) joined as Country Manager of Greater China, Sai Ho Lam (Ken) is the Marketing Director of APAC and Ka-Fai Tang (Patrick) is the Alliance Director of APAC.
APAC’s rapidly expanding digitalization in financial services, eCommerce and government drives an unprecedented need for companies to expand into new markets and reach new buyers domestically and internationally. Through direct team expansion and an extended enterprise of strategic partners, ThreatMetrix serves customers in five key markets including Greater China, Japan and Korea, India, Australia and Southeast Asia. Local business managers and professional services teams are being deployed from service hubs to include Hong Kong, Tokyo, Delhi, Sydney and Singapore.
“Companies in APAC and worldwide realize that cybercrime evolves as rapidly as their digital reach expands. They are looking for an actionable digital business model in this highly connected region,” said Pascal Podvin, SVP field operations of ThreatMetrix. “With its digital identity network, fed by more than 20 billion transactions originating from 240 countries, ThreatMetrix is facilitating the digital transformation of these businesses, protecting them against cybercrime, and enabling their revenue growth by understanding and trusting the digital consumer. In APAC, we’re committed to helping businesses improve their competitive positioning by elevating the customer experience of the digital consumer.”
New executive appointments include:
- Jean-Bernard Dumerc, Country Manager for Japan and South Korea, brings firsthand knowledge of working in the region and a wealth of management experience. Prior to joining ThreatMetrix, Jean-Bernard spent 20 years in Japan. He has held several sales management posts at Alcatel-Lucent, SSH Communication Security, Progress Software and most recently SafeNet (now part of Gemalto).
- Frank Lau, Country Manager of Greater China, is a seasoned sales leader. He brings 22 years of field selling and more than 10 years managing sales teams in China, South Korea and Thailand. Prior to joining ThreatMetrix, he was at Infor where he nearly doubled sales revenue in 2014. Frank received his MBA at the University of South Australia.
- Ken Lam, Marketing Director of APAC, steps into this new role with both local and regional exposure. His 20-year background in IT and telecom industries is highlighted by his expertise in business strategy, enterprise sales, business development and partner management roles. Ken is an MBA graduate from The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Patrick Tang, Alliance Director of APAC is an enterprise sales professional with more than 10 years of high-tech regional experience for high growth companies. Patrick joins ThreatMetrix from Blue Coat, where he supervised strategic alliances in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Prior to Blue Coat, Patrick held various channel and business management positions at Adobe, Oracle, Microsoft, IBM China and Sun Microsystems. Patrick is an MBA graduate from the University of Ottawa, Canada.
The company also recently invested in a local data center to bolster the company’s expansion in Greater China and fuel rapid growth across Asia. ThreatMetrix products and solutions offer massive improvement over traditional methods of authentication, which often pose issues of either friction or lack of coverage. As digital usage grows across APAC, so increases the need to proactively tackle the rising cyber attacks that accompany this behavioral shift.
Through its growing customer base of dominant players in financial services and eCommerce, the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network already provides a substantial recognition rate of digital identities through its growing customers and partners:
- Companies using ThreatMetrix include Alipay, Ping An Bank, Dun & Bradstreet, NTT Communications, OFX, P&N Bank, Rabobank, Sky Network, TimesofMoney, Toshiba and William Hill.
- Partners: FUJISOFT, PatronuX, TechTree, TransUnion, and Veda.
Check out the Ping An case study: ThreatMetrix Streamlines User Experience on Ping An Bank’s Mobile App, Reducing Friction and Fraud
APAC eCommerce and financial institutions are invited to join global business executives and leaders across the authentication, fraud prevention and threat detection disciplines at the Digital Identity Summit 2016. The global event takes place 12-14 October at the Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company™, is the market-leading cloud solution for authenticating digital personas and transactions on the Internet. Verifying more than 20 billion annual transactions supporting 30,000 websites and 4,000 customers globally through the ThreatMetrix® Digital Identity Network, ThreatMetrix secures businesses and end users against account takeover, payment fraud and fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware and data breaches. Key benefits include an improved customer experience, reduced friction, revenue gain and lower fraud and operational costs. The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, payments and lending, media, government and insurance.
ThreatMetrix website in Chinese: https://www.threatmetrix.com/zh-hans/
ThreatMetrix website in Japanese: https://www.threatmetrix.com/ja/