September 6, 2018
ThreatMetrix President and CEO Reed Taussig Recognized by One World Identity as one of Top 100 Influencers in Identity
Posted February 12, 2018
SAN JOSE, Calif. – (February 12, 2018) ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company®, today announced that its President and CEO, Reed Taussig, has been recognized as one of the 2018 Top 100 Influencers in Identity by One World Identity (OWI), an independent strategy and research company.
The list represents pioneers, innovators and pace setters who are working to advance inclusion, improve products and services, keep personal data safe, and ensure and protect individual privacy. It includes individual entrepreneurs and members of large organizations, across both public and private sectors, as well as not-for-profit industry advocates.
Taussig has been at the helm of ThreatMetrix for a decade, and under his leadership the organization has become a driving force in digital identity. Delivering on his early vision to establish a new way to establish identity online, Taussig constantly encourages provocative discourse and worldwide understanding of the power digital identity. Specifically, he:
- Spearheaded the launch of ThreatMetrix ID, which revolutionizes the way organizations make fraud and authentication decisions in real time. At its core are anonymized alphanumeric identifiers that pinpoint an individual and all related attributes making up their unique digital ID.
- Realized the vision for ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network®, which gives customers an unparalleled global view into true digital identity. It crowdsources intelligence from more than 110 million daily transactions, across 40,000 websites and mobile apps around the world, and grows more insightful with every new piece of information.
- Founded the global Digital Identity Summit series, which, now in its eighth year, brings experts across risk, digital and authentication disciplines to exchange ideas about the latest developments in the space.
- Created educational resources, including The Definitive Guide to Digital Identity, to further the understanding of the commercial applications of digital identity, as well as foster an industry-wide discussion around it.
- Recognized and celebrated exceptional applications of digital identity technology by creating the Digital Identity Excellence Awards in 2016.
“It’s been a big year for digital identity, and I’m honored to be recognized by One World Identity for my role in it,” said Taussig. “In 2017, our team introduced ThreatMetrix ID, the culmination of nine years of pushing the boundaries of digital identity, fraud and authentication. This award is a testament to our efforts to transform how trust and identity decisions are made globally.”
The Top 100 list is compiled by OWI based on submissions from industry insiders. This year’s top 100 were selected based on the following standards:
- Industry clout and influencer status
- Number of publications and professional speaking engagements in 2017
- Number of total nominations
- Time in industry
“OWI is proud to spotlight and honor those who are working to advance the identity industry,” OWI Chief Executive and cofounder Travis Jarae said. “In 2017, many identity issues came to the forefront, including financial inclusion, data security, identity theft, and looming federal regulation. As companies, governments and individuals look to address these concerns, we believe these Top 100 Influencers in Identity will be leading the way throughout 2018. We will help facilitate the discussions that will lead to positive change at the 2018 OWI KNOW Identity Conference, in Washington D.C., March 26-28.”
OWI is an independent strategy and research company focused on identity. Its vision is to enable digital change at the nexus of action and communication. OWI accomplishes this by facilitating shared language, promoting cross-sector collaboration, and connecting experts and consumers alike to resources. It also hosts the KNOW Identity Conference, which takes place this year in Washington D.C. March 26-28. For more information, see oneworldidentity.com and knowidentityconference.com.
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company®, empowers the global economy to grow profitably and securely without compromise. With deep insight into 1.4 billion anonymized user identities, ThreatMetrix ID™ delivers the intelligence behind 100 million daily authentication and trust decisions to differentiate legitimate customers from fraudsters in real time.
Tel: +1 408 200 5755
Tel: +1 925 878 5655