July 16, 2019
ThreatMetrix Receives United States – European Union Safe Harbor Certification
Posted July 19, 2010
LOS ALTOS, CA. – July 20, 2010 – ThreatMetrix™, a fast growing provider of fraud prevention solutions that do not require personally identifiable information (PII), today announced that it has been certified as compliant with the United States – European Union (EU) Safe Harbor Framework. The Safe Harbor Framework was developed by the European Union and the United States to bridge their different approaches to privacy.
U.S. – EU Safe Harbor certified businesses must comply with the seven safe harbor principles:
- Notice: Individuals must be informed that their data is being collected and about how it will be used.
- Choice: Individuals must have the ability to opt out of the collection and forward transfer of the data to third parties.
- Onward Transfer: Transfers of data to third parties may only occur to other organizations that follow adequate data protection principles.
- Security: Reasonable efforts must be made to prevent loss of collected information.
- Data Integrity: Data must be relevant and reliable for the purpose it was collected for.
- Access: Individuals must be able to access information held about them, and correct or delete it if it is inaccurate.
- Enforcement: There must be effective means of enforcing these rules.
“This certification reconfirms our ongoing commitment to protect the privacy of individuals in Europe and the United States and wherever ThreatMetrix conducts business around the globe,” said Reed Taussig, president and CEO, ThreatMetrix.
The ThreatMetrix Fraud Network is a software-as-a-service solution that utilizes a wide variety of device- and transaction-related data to build a “contextual risk score” that delivers the information fraud analysts need to make a thoughtful “go, no-go” decision about a customer.
To view a web-based product demo, go to: http://info.threatmetrix.com/ThreatMetrix-Product-Tour
To view a video on the ThreatMetrix Fraud Network, visit: ThreatMetrix, The Digital Identity Company
To read a whitepaper on the ThreatMetrix Fraud Network, visit: http://info.threatmetrix.com/ThreatMetrix-fraud-network.html
ThreatMetrix helps companies stop web fraud and enable e-commerce. The ThreatMetrix Fraud Network helps online businesses verify new accounts, authorize payments and transactions and authenticate user logins in real-time without relying on personally identifiable information (PII). ThreatMetrix profiles the device used in an online transaction so companies can determine whether the users are fraudsters or customers. ThreatMetrix device profiling goes beyond browser fingerprinting to identify the device, bypass proxies and detect the use of botnets. ThreatMetrix’ simple and cost-effective SaaS approach to implementation enables companies to get results in hours or days, rather than weeks or months. The company serves a rapidly growing customer base in the U.S. and around the world across a variety of industries including social networks (dating, gaming), financial services, e-commerce, affiliate marketing and payments. For more information, visit www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-650-625-1451.
© 2010 ThreatMetrix. All rights reserved. ThreatMetrix and the ThreatMetrix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ThreatMetrix in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.
Tel: 650-625-1451, ext. 122
Tool Guy PR