July 16, 2019
ThreatMetrix to Showcase Leading Online Fraud Prevention Solutions at Merchant Risk Council Annual e-Commerce Payments & Risk Conference
Posted March 3, 2011
Alisdair Faulkner, ThreatMetrix Chief Products Officer, to Speak on “Get Smart about Controlling Mobile Commerce Fraud”
LOS ALTOS, CA. – March 3, 2011 – ThreatMetrix™, a fast growing provider of fraud prevention solutions that do not require personally identifiable information (PII), today announced that its chief products officer, Alisdair Faulkner, will be speaking about mobile commerce fraud during the Merchant Risk Council Annual e-Commerce Payments & Risk Conference taking place March 22 – 24, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada. ThreatMetrix will also be exhibiting at the event.
ThreatMetrix serves over 350 customers in e-commerce, financial services, payments, social networking/Web 2.0, affiliate marketing and government. On a daily basis, the company’s ThreatMetrix Fraud Network profiles over 15 million devices and screens hundreds of thousands fraudulent transactions.
The 2011 MRC conference is the largest and most comprehensive industry event focused on helping companies address online payment risks, utilize new global online payment strategies, and increase operational efficiencies in e-commerce.
“Analysts predict that by 2014, 12% of all e-commerce transactions will be made using smartphones,” said Faulkner. “It’s imperative that merchants have the fraud prevention tools and processes in place to protect themselves and their customers during this paradigm shift.”
Today, ThreatMetrix customers like myYearbook, one of the 25 most trafficked sites in the U.S., is using ThreatMetrix’s device identification solution on their Web site and mobile devices to prevent registration spamming and protect their customers.
“30% of our registrations and logins are now on mobile devices and growing,” said Rich Friedman, vice president of software engineering, myYearbook. “Using ThreatMetrix, we’re able to reduce spamming, provide a safe social networking environment for myYearbook customers, and protect the integrity of our brand.”
WHAT: Merchant Risk Council Annual e-Commerce Payments & Risk Conference. ThreatMetrix Chief Products Officer Alisdair Faulkner will be speaking on “Get Smart About Controlling Mobile Commerce Fraud.”
WHEN: March 22 – 24, 2011. Faulkner’s session will take place from 2:00 – 2:45 p.m., Tuesday, March 22.
WHERE: Wynn Las Vegas Hotel and Resort, Las Vegas. ThreatMetrix will be exhibiting in Booth 111.
WHY: The ThreatMetrix Fraud Network helps online businesses verify new accounts, authorize payments and transactions and authenticate user logins in real-time without relying on personally identifiable information (PII).
2011 MRC conference attendees will learn:
• Real life examples of mobile-commerce volumes and trends across a number of leading merchants and brands, as well the pitfalls and opportunities this new mainstream platform creates for fraud and risk management
• How their peers and their fraud prevention technologies are meeting the mobile-commerce fraud challenge, including implications for device identification and geo-location technologies
• New fraud prevention techniques that leverage the full capabilities of modern smartphones
• The key differences between mobile commerce and e-commerce
• The new challenges and opportunities that smartphones bring to fraud prevention, and how to navigate them
• How to capitalize on the flipside of fraud: identifying good returning mobile customers
• How to understand volumes and trends for mobile-commerce usage across e-commerce peers based on advanced device identification techniques
• The limitations that mobile places on legacy fraud detection systems and how to mitigate them based on the latest capabilities of modern smartphones
• ThreatMetrix Customer Case Studies
The Merchant Risk Council (MRC) is a merchant-led trade association focused on electronic commerce risk and payments globally. They lead industry networking, education, benchmarking and advocacy programs to make electronic commerce more efficient, safe, and profitable. For more information, visit www.merchantriskcouncil.org.
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company®, is the market-leading cloud solution for authenticating digital personas and transactions on the Internet. Verifying more than 20 billion annual transactions supporting 30,000 websites and 4,000 customers globally through the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network®, ThreatMetrix secures businesses and end users against account takeover, payment fraud and fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware and data breaches. Key benefits include an improved customer experience, reduced friction, revenue gain and lower fraud and operational costs. The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, payments and lending, media, government and insurance.