July 16, 2019
Effective: 12 February 2018
Product Lifecycle Overview
To ensure delivery of innovative and cost-effective products, ThreatMetrix may periodically discontinue specific products or versions of products and hosted services. Products reach the end of their Product Lifecycle for a number of reasons. These reasons may be due to market demands, technology innovation and development driving changes in the product, or the products simply mature over time and are replaced by functionally richer technology.
While this is an established part of the overall Product Lifecycle, ThreatMetrix recognizes that end-of-life milestones often prompt companies to review the way in which such end-of-life milestones impact the ThreatMetrix products in their environments. With that in mind, this Product Lifecycle Policy is designed to help customers identify such end-of-life transitions and understand the role that ThreatMetrix can play in helping to migrate to alternate platforms and technology.
Software Releases (Including SDK)
- Major (Main) Release: Major releases encompass new products, major architecture changes, major integration changes, significant new features or capabilities/functionality additions, new solutions, and substantial innovation.
- Minor Release: Minor releases include updates or enhancements/features to existing products, moderate administration or UI changes, and major bug fixes.
- Update (Patch) Release: Update releases incorporate minor bug fixes, security fixes, and service packs which are typically incorporated into the next Minor software release.
The Software product version numbering scheme is defined as follows
- Where Major release is 5, Minor release is 2, Update release is 36.
- General Availability (GA) – Product is available for Sale, Support, and Maintenance.
- End of Maintenance (EOM) – Products are fully supported and maintained until the End of Maintenance date. ThreatMetrix will provide code-level maintenance in the form of bug fixes, work-arounds, maintenance releases, or patches. ThreatMetrix will determine the best way to resolve reported issues which will commonly require an upgrade to the latest release. Technical support will continue to be available and provided during this phase as long as a valid support contract exists and is paid in full.
- End of Life (EOL) – Products may continue to operate and may be used on an “as-is” basis within the terms of licensing agreements however future operation is not guaranteed. Technical support and software updates will no longer be available once a product has reached its End of Life date. Historical information in the Knowledge Base or other online resources may still be present however it is no longer updated and is provided on an “as-is” basis.
Product Lifecycle Phases
As a general rule, ThreatMetrix will make commercially reasonable efforts to adhere to the following guidelines:
- The End of Maintenance (EOM) Period for a Major Software release, “N,” starts when the N+1 release reaches General Availability. The End of Maintenance (EOM) period of a Major Software release is the lessor of: two (2) years from General Availability or one (1) year after the N+1 version reaches General Availability.
- The End of Life (EOL) period of a Major Software release is the lessor of: three (3) years from the date it first became Generally Available or two (2) year after the N+1 version becomes Generally Available. Access to ThreatMetrix’s technical support team will be available until a product reaches its End-of-Life date provided that an active support contract exists.
- Customers will need to ensure they have a current and fully paid support contract with ThreatMetrix in order to receive continued maintenance or support. Please contact your Support Account Manager regarding fees payable during the end-of-life period so that we can support you through the end-of-life transition period.
- ThreatMetrix will provide a minimum of six (6) months’ notice of the affected product’s end-of-life date. This notice will appear on the ThreatMetrix.com website at https://www.threatmetrix.com/support/product-lifecycle-policy/.
Standard Guidelines for Product Lifecycle Phases
|Phase||Day 0||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
|Version N+1 – General Availability||X||X|
|Version N – End of Maintenance||X||X|
|Version N+1 – End of Maintenance||X|
|Version N – End of Life||X|
|Version N+1 – End of Life||X|
ThreatMetrix reserves the right to make changes to its Product Lifecycle Policy, for all products or a particular product at its sole discretion, from time to time, as business needs require without prior notice. The Product Lifecycle web pages will be updated with respect to any changes as of their effective date.