Jan 15Business Insider Names ThreatMetrix to Top 15 Most Important Startups of 2013 as ThreatMetrix Continues Winning Awards and Customers
We don’t like to boast – well not much – but it looks like we’re going to have to add shelves to our awards case. That is if we had an awards case.
Over the last two years ThreatMetrix™:
- Was named a winner in the Enterprise Product of the Year category by The Best in Biz Awards, the only independent business awards program judged by members of the press and industry analysts.
- Made the Wall Street Journal’s top 50 “Next Big Thing” list.
- Placed in the “Visionaries” quadrant of its Magic Quadrant for Web fraud detection by Gartner Group, which doesn’t endorse vendors, products or services.
- Named a finalist in the 2012 Merchant Risk Council Emerging Technology Awards (METAwards) for contributions to helping e-commerce merchants fight online fraud and reduce losses in online payment transactions.
- Was a Red Herring Global 100 Winner for being one of the top hundred leading private companies in North America, Europe, and Asia. (Other companies that have been named Global 100 Winners include Google, Skype, Salesforce and eBay).
Now Business Insider has named ThreatMetrix as one of its 15 most important startups of 2013 for, as Business Insider notes, “putting it all together to stop fraud fast.”
Business Insider observes, “Most businesses use a whole bunch of security products. If they find evidence of a hacker, that info isn’t easily shared between security products. ThreatMetrix offers a cloud service that does all the big security stuff in one system and this lets it detect fraud the instant it happens, not sometime later.”
“Clearly, it’s gratifying when a top-tier industry publication such as Business Insider recognizes the efforts on behalf of our customers to halt the wave of cybercrime that constantly threatens their ability to conduct business,” said Reed Taussig, president and CEO, ThreatMetrix. “We appreciate the recognition and would also like to thank the 500 new customers we’ve added in the last year alone for putting their trust in us to protect their and their customers’ assets.