As online fraud evolves into an ever-more complex and networked landscape of global attacks, identity certainty, accurate authentication and real-time fraud detection is becoming harder than ever to orchestrate. Businesses are lagging behind cybercriminals, often encumbered by big data platforms, a lack of integrated solutions and the sheer volume and persistence of fraud attacks.
Data breaches, now commonplace, supply the dark web with a constant supply of fresh stolen identity credentials, ready for fraudsters to launch convincing and hard-to-detect fraud attacks.
The need for businesses to really know who they are transacting with has never been greater. However this relies on a solution that is able to combine multiple static data sources with global, real-time intelligence relating to a connecting user’s digital identity.
The Power of Dynamic Shared Intelligence
The ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network collects and processes global shared intelligence from millions of daily consumer interactions including logins, payments and new account applications. Using this information, ThreatMetrix creates a unique digital identity for each user by analyzing the myriad connections between devices, locations and anonymized personal information. Behavior that deviates from this trusted digital identity can be accurately identified in real time and flagged for further review using Integration Hub services before a transaction is processed.
Integrating Third-Party Data Feeds
In order to operationalize Digital Identity Intelligence from the Network and understand the requirement for additional data sources, ThreatMetrix has a Dynamic Decision Platform. This Decision Platform comprises:
- ThreatMetrix Smart Analytics: which helps businesses use intelligence from the Network to determine accurate risk scores for each transaction.
- Integration Hub: which allows organizations to onboard relevant third party data sources and custom services to provide additional authentication and identity verification services for high-risk transactions. Integration Hub is a REST-based API provides a bridge to cloud and enterprise data sources and services. Integration is as straightforward as plug and play and can be achieved in a matter of weeks, usually with minimal IT support.
- Case Management: for visualization, data correlation and exception handling.
Most transactions can be passively authenticated by correlating aspect of online behavior (relating to devices, locations, identity and threat) with digital identity intelligence in the Network. For high-risk transactions, or transactions that require an extra level of assurance, Integration Hub can invoke multi-factor authentication (MFA) using one-time passcodes sent over SMS. Businesses can tailor this response according to their own requirements and tolerance for risk.
ThreatMetrix Mobile SDK provides the first line of defense for securing the mobile platform against fraudsters. However, for new account registrations, or transactions that flag as high-risk, Carrier ID provides a strong second layer of mobile authentication. Carrier ID Verifies SIM cards with the carrier network to confirm a user’s identity in the form of a one-time cryptographic challenge response that is secure, private and friction-free.
ThreatMetrix Identity Verification combines static identity data sources with the dynamic identity intelligence held in the Network, to gain a more accurate risk-profile of every connecting user. Static data in isolation is near useless given the easy availability of stolen identity credentials on the dark web. In addition services are highly fragmented; organizations need the ability to select relevant data by use case as well as geography, response rates and pricing. Integration Hub facilitates this integration between dynamic digital identity intelligence and relevant static identity data in real time.
- Simplicity: A fully orchestrated solution for authentication, identity verification and fraud prevention.
- Connectivity: An open API architecture allows organizations to quickly and easily connect existing databases with new data sources for better fraud decisioning.
- Flexibility: Allows organizations to tailor bespoke workflows according to their business requirements.
- Scalability: The hub can support billions of monthly transactions in over 140 countries worldwide.
- Global Intelligence: The hub allows organizations to unite the dynamic, real-time intelligence of the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network with other third-party data feeds that can be invoked for high-risk transactions or when an event needs further review.
- Streamlining: Streamlined end-to-end workflow management, reducing online friction and enhancing user experience.