ThreatMetrix Addresses the Global Threat of Online Fraud in its First Annual Fraud Fighters Summit
Posted October 5, 2011
The October 9-10 User Conference in Monterey, Calif., Will Bring Together Over 175 Fraud Fighting Professionals and Address the Common Challenge of Preventing Online Fraud
LOS ALTOS, CA – October 6, 2011 – ThreatMetrix™, the fastest growing provider of cloud-based fraud prevention solutions that do not require personally identifiable information (PII), announced today new agenda details for its inaugural Fraud Fighters Summit. Focused on “Defeating Online Fraud and Promoting E-Commerce Together,” the conference will be held at the Monterey Plaza Hotel and Spa in Monterey, Calif. from October 9-10.
Over 175 registrants will have the chance to attend sessions focused on defeating online fraud, learn how to optimize their investment in the ThreatMetrix™ Cloud-Based Fraud Prevention Platform, and collaborate with other like-minded fraud fighting professionals. This includes ThreatMetrix customers, prospects, as well as industry thought leaders and analysts.
“We’re excited to host a community of like-minded fraud fighting professionals and thought leaders all addressing a common challenge – the global threat of online fraud,” said Bert Rankin, vice president of marketing. “We want to educate this group of professionals on ways to get smarter about fighting fraud with ThreatMetrix. Participants will leave better informed, motivated and prepared to wage the daily battle against online fraud.”
President Obama has similar sentiments around the importance of fraud and online security education, as he recently proclaimed October 2011 as National Cybersecurity Awareness Month.
Presentations from well-known brands will be a highlight of the packed, two-day summit agenda. Featured presenters include:
• Reed Taussig, ThreatMetrix CEO and president, who will formally open the summit and provide an industry overview.
• David Burns, manager of operational risk, Optimal Payments, who will speak on: “Incorporating ThreatMetrix into Real-Time Rule Decisions.”
• Julie Conroy McNelley, senior analyst with the Aite Group’s Retail Banking practice, who covers fraud, data security, anti-money laundering, and compliance issues, will present on “Online and Mobile: Navigating the Risk Environment.”
• Rhonda MacLean, founder of MacLean Risk Partners LLC, a consulting firm that provides strategic advisory services, will lead a financial service fraud prevention roundtable.
• Steven Boutelle, Lieutenant General, U.S. Army (Retired) and former chief information officer of the U.S. Army responsible for the U.S. Army’s use of information technology, will present on “Cybersecurity: A Government Perspective.”
• Alisdair Faulkner, ThreatMetrix chief products officer, will present a product development roadmap.
Other topics will cover everything from “Building an Effective Fraud Prevention System,” to “Addressing Organized Stealth with ThreatMetrix SmartID,” to “The Identity Challenge,” as well as best practices surrounding the use of ThreatMetrix professional services.
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company®, is the market-leading cloud solution for authenticating digital personas and transactions on the Internet. Verifying more than 20 billion annual transactions supporting 30,000 websites and 4,000 customers globally through the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network®, ThreatMetrix secures businesses and end users against account takeover, payment fraud and fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware and data breaches. Key benefits include an improved customer experience, reduced friction, revenue gain and lower fraud and operational costs. The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, payments and lending, media, government and insurance.