ThreatMetrix and Xoom to Present at NACHA Internet Council: “Even Riskier Business: Tales from Across the Globe”
Posted June 1, 2012
Experts to Shine Light on Online Payment Risk and Fraud Mitigation
San Jose, CA – June 1, 2012 – ThreatMetrix™, the fastest-growing provider of integrated cybercrime prevention solutions, today announced that it is co-presenting with its customer Xoom, one of the biggest and most trusted online money transfer companies in the U.S., during the NACHA Internet Council meeting in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The event will take place on Thursday, June 7 from 9:15 – 10:15 a.m. EST.
A presentation titled, “Even Riskier Business: Tales from Across the Globe,” will feature insights from Alisdair Faulkner, chief products officer, ThreatMetrix, and Don McNelley, director, product management: risk, payments and compliance, Xoom.
During this presentation, Faulkner and McNelley will discuss:
• Evolution of risk in ACH
• Risk of using ACH to fund global remittances
• The fundamentals of person-to-person payment transaction flow that leverages the ACH Network and the important functions of account funding, account verification and overall risk management.
• Fraud mitigation tools and strategies, including the ThreatMetrix™ Cybercrime Defender Platform
“Businesses that manage online payments are prime targets for cybercriminals launching automated, orchestrated attacks,” said Faulkner. “Payment processors, gateways, money transfer services and companies like Xoom must give their customers fast, reliable and convenient payments or transfers while protecting them from cybercrime. Businesses need effective fraud and malware prevention that saves money, protects their brand and customers while providing a competitive advantage.”
ThreatMetrix Solutions for Payment Processors
• The ThreatMetrix Cybercrime Defender Platform combines malware detection with device identification enabling online payment processing sites to protect the entire payment transaction.
• TrustDefender™ ID combines real-time analysis and device identification with a global network of fraud detection information. Payment processors can integrate its flexible rules engine with existing systems to add another layer of fraud prevention, rooting out hidden payment fraud while minimizing false negatives.
• TrustDefender™ Cloud offers real-time, cloud-based detection of malware for transactions on customer’s web sites, including transactions from smartphones and tablets.
• TrustDefender™ Client allows a company’s customers to “lock down” any transactions from malware on their computers.
Xoom was founded in 2001 and is now one of the biggest and most trusted online money transfer companies in the U.S. Xoom offers safe and secure sending options from the convenience of a computer or mobile phone. Customers can access the Xoom mobile site by visiting m.xoom.com from a mobile phone browser and pay using a bank account, or credit/debit card. For more information, visit www.xoom.com.
ThreatMetrix®, The Digital Identity Company®, is the market-leading cloud solution for authenticating digital personas and transactions on the Internet. Verifying more than 20 billion annual transactions supporting 30,000 websites and 4,000 customers globally through the ThreatMetrix Digital Identity Network®, ThreatMetrix secures businesses and end users against account takeover, payment fraud and fraudulent account registrations resulting from malware and data breaches. Key benefits include an improved customer experience, reduced friction, revenue gain and lower fraud and operational costs. The ThreatMetrix solution is deployed across a variety of industries, including financial services, e-commerce, payments and lending, media, government and insurance.
Walker Sands Communications