August 14, 2018
ThreatMetrix Hosts Cybercrime Education Series Webinar “Identity Spoofing from Malware: The Increasing Threat to Financial Institutions”
Posted June 10, 2013
ThreatMetrix CTO Will Highlight Malware Risks, How They Work, and the Methods to Stop Them
San Jose, CA – June 10, 2013 – ThreatMetrix™, the fastest-growing provider of integrated cybercrime prevention solutions, today announced that it is hosting a complimentary one-hour ThreatMetrix™ Cybercrime Education Series webinar on “Identity Spoofing from Malware: The Increasing Threat to Financial Institutions.” The webinar will take place at 10 a.m. PDT/1 p.m. EDT, Wednesday, June 12.
“Threats from spoofed identities and fictitious account creation are an increasing problem for financial institutions,” said Andreas Baumhof, chief technology officer, ThreatMetrix. “An online account gives legitimate customers – and cybercriminals using false identities – entry into a financial institution’s front door. In this webinar, I’ll demonstrate how financial institutions can separate cybercriminals from legitimate customers in real-time using knowledge of an individual’s devices, preferences and previous online activity.”
The session is titled “Identity Spoofing from Malware: The Increasing Threat to Financial Institutions” and attendees will learn:
- The latest trends in how customers interact with financial institutions via mobile and online
- Threats from spoofed identities and malware techniques used by cybercriminals
- Why a financial institution’s FFIEC compliance should include prevention of fraudulent identities
- How a global network of visitor data can identify both legitimate visitors and cybercriminals
- Innovative technologies to help reduce fictitious account registrations in real-time
The ThreatMetrix Platform addresses FFIEC requirements to protect the integrity of online customer accounts and financial transactions by:
- Addressing FFIEC layered security banking guidelines
- Recognizing returning customers using complex device intelligence
- Identifying high risk transactions through device and transaction anomalies
- Protecting legitimate customers and transactions from targeted malware
- Detecting compromised devices that represent risk to your assets
- Whitepaper: Real-Time Malware Protection For Financial Institutions
- ThreatMetrix Solutions for Identity Spoofing
- ThreatMetrix Solutions for Financial Services and FFIEC Compliance
ThreatMetrix is the fastest-growing provider of integrated web fraud and cybersecurity solutions. The ThreatMetrix Platform helps companies prevent unauthorized access to web and mobile applications, protect sensitive data, and secure transactions against account takeover, payment fraud, identity spoofing, malware, and data breaches. ThreatMetrix protects more than 1,500 customers and 9,000 websites across a variety of industries, including financial services, enterprise, e-commerce, payments, social networks, government, and insurance. For more information, visit www.threatmetrix.com or call 1-408-200-5755.
To join in the cybersecurity conversation, follow us on Twitter @ThreatMetrix.
© 2013 ThreatMetrix. All rights reserved. ThreatMetrix, TrustDefender ID, TrustDefender Cloud, TrustDefender Mobile, TrustDefender Client, the TrustDefender Cybercrime Protection Platform, ThreatMetrix Labs, and the ThreatMetrix logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ThreatMetrix in the United States and other countries. All other brand, service or product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or owners.